Sunday, December 1, 2019

The December Challenge

Once upon a time, I was a somewhat regular blogger. A mommy blogger bringing up two kids who provided adequate content for me to write about. I wrote to share. And I also wrote to keep myself sane. When I would go mad over the super-stressing incidents of the day such as finding one school sock missing on a Monday morning, I would write and laugh about it. 

The kids grew up and went to boarding school. Mommy-hood didn’t seem so much fun anymore. I would try to get back in that ‘mood’, reconnect with my blogging network (that was such a support), and resolve to get back to writing. It wouldn’t continue. The other bloggers had also moved on. Everyone had different challenges. All of us were ‘super-busy’, we didn’t know it then, but it was possible, and we did get busier. We lost touch. And the blog became something to go back to-one day.

Is today that day? I don’t know. Today is definitely an attempt. A resolve to write everyday. I am already scared. After marriage, kids, work, when was the last time I did something everyday, just for myself? Today is an attempt to do that. To do something for myself-write. To reconnect with myself and hopefully with the others like me. To write for the sake of writing.

These posts more of an exercise in testing whether I can still write, whether I can keep doing it everyday of the month. The posts may not be fun. I think I have changed as a person since then. Or life has changed. These may not be scintillating. I don’t have much interesting stuff to write about these days. I am too depressed about what we are doing and becoming as a race to write optimistic, upbeat posts, and I don’t want to write bitter, sad and angry posts either.  So, it’s also an exercise in finding ideas to write about. Now that gets more overwhelming. 
Let me see how it goes. Wishing myself luck.


2 comments:

  1. We wrote at almost the same time, and an almost similar post. Even the other thoughts that I didn't put down - they ran similar to what you have written down!

    May our tribe thrive. Truly hope to keep writing this entire month, and beyond. And glad to have company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, after a long time I have a real comment. Otherwise it was only spam. And thanks for the support. Lets give this a real good shot! And have some fun too.

      Delete