Monday, December 2, 2019

The Red Carpet Effect

Disclaimer: Sometimes drunk and very, very tired sound the same. I am the later. But I am not giving up on the second day of the challenge.

I wanted to write more than a post for the sake of a post. I wanted to write something that made sense. That connected meaningfully. That was upbeat and happy or at least mildly positive.

Woman proposes. Traffic disposes.

I drove through Bangalore traffic.

On a rainy evening, after a very long day at work. Through a 9 km road which has almost 1.5 km of it completely dug up since last year-oh yes, and that excludes two other dug-up junctions, since last July. 


The number of cars has increased exponentially, and the IT companies in the IT city still don’t want to empower their employees to work remotely. So, we all crawl at an excruciating, knee aching 5kmph. 





And then there is no signal to play live music, I don’t have the energy to download and save it in advance and the radio channel plays a song with lyrics that go:

 “Hot summer, ऊपर से मैं भी hot
आजा साथ लगा ले मेरे दो tequila shot
And just do that, do that, do that, do that पानी वाला dance.”

It’s a wonder I can write a grammatically correct sentence after that!

Sensible and meaningful are a decade away.

Maybe one day I will take a day off just to write (all CLs and SLs for this year are over). I will sit on a swing in my balcony (currently it is blocked by an old sofa no one wants to buy and have been planning the remodelling for the last three years), sip coffee and listen to real music on the Bluetooth speakers currently appropriated by my daughter – maybe on that one day, inspiration will visit again and will be stringing out words that make sense. Maybe one of those days, I will even complete the novel I had started to compose while in college (and which I plan to complete every ‘next year’).

For today, it has been a task just to put one word after the other and post. Apologies if it’s someone other than a bot reading my post. Please hold on, I will get there-one day.

2 comments:

  1. Bot :D :D
    Waiting for that novel. ;) Make it your Vision2020. :)

    That song! Really??? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. This song and so many more. Makes you admire the person who can write it and sing and then the people who actually groove on it.

      Delete