Lessons from blogging everyday III


I have given myself a lot of pats on the back for almost completing the exercise. (3 more days to go after this).

So what next?

Enjoy the evening with one stress less in life. Read a book, watch a movie, talk to a friend instead. Yes, I want to do that and more.

But I also want to do this ‘stress’ thing again. I still need to live the challenge for another month. Why on earth?

Because, as I wrote earlier, this year was also about facing mortality. Of recognizing the finiteness of time and the futility of regrets. I do have a list of things I did not do this year, even knowing that this time would never come back. But I also have the satisfaction, of doing a little more than before.
The challenge was one part, what I also rediscovered was the joy of writing. Writing for its own sake, not for a job or for a reader, but just for the fun of playing with words.

This stress helped me get through all the other stresses in life. It made me reflect within and focus ahead.

What I would really love to do in the time ahead, is to write more meaningfully. Maybe write shorter or less frequent posts, but hopefully write to contribute, to make a change, to make people think. And to change myself.

Most of my posts have been about myself, my work search for work life balance, my encounters with the education systems my thoughts and fears. It is then that I realized that how small my world has become. Going ahead, I hope I use time to reconnect with the amazing people doing amazing work around me. To read more interesting posts. To discover more interesting stories. More words, more worlds.


Comments

  1. I am glad to have made time to do this too. And feel like I have so much more to share.
    Continuing in Jan? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, let's try it for Jan-I love what you share-and wish I had more interesting experiences to write about

      Delete
    2. God! You are tempting me now.

      I do have a couple of things, but I feel like such an extra thing to do when I reach home after a long day. :( I wrote yesterday's post in such a zombie state. :D

      Delete
    3. I understand the 'zombie' state so well! Yes we need to find more workable ways of writing without killing ourselves over it. But let's try...

      Delete

Post a Comment