Sunday, December 29, 2019

The year is complete


Last weekend of the year. Weekends are the time to rest and recuperate and to cover up the sleep deficit. I hardly slept last night but I still don’t want to take a nap and miss some precious minutes. Because it is one rare occasion when the younger kid got permission to visit home during term time. And that gives me the energy to take on everything with a smile.

It may not seem a huge deal to most parents to have kids at home, but if your chick has flown away, you’ll definitely understand how I feel.

This is one of the lessons of growing older: The best holidays are the ones when everyone is at home. I have travelled alone, it was a great adventure, but I always missed sharing the experience with someone. My husband and I take more ‘couple’ trips together, but we still think it is more fun when all of us are together. I have travelled with each of my daughters separately, we have great conversations and special mom-and daughter moments. But that feeling of ‘completeness’ is so very special. To all of those who have the time together, I hope you treasure each moment.

We fight, we yell we drive each other up the wall. My work increases, the house is messier and noisier. And yet I Thank God for these moments.
There was a time we used to take 3-4 holidays in a year. We tried to cover them all-forest safaris, beaches, hills, monuments and mountains. And then with time you realize that the best journeys are the ones that take you home.
As a new year is about to begin. That is what I would wish for everyone. (Not exactly messy or noisy homes) but definitely love and togetherness and contentment.


4 comments:

  1. Very well said. :)
    Here's to that completeness! Happy 2019. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!! Glad you got to enjoy the holidays with your kids :) Stumbled upon your blog and I love the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God! I didn't know anyone except a handful of friends was reading my writing exercise. I wrote so much in a state of half-sleep!
      Thanks for the note!

      Delete