Monday, January 11, 2010

I am not a Shopaholic

Yes. I just miss "home" so badly that I keep trying to bring bits of it back with me.

That is why I've always had all kinds of block-printed bedsheets and furnishings and kurtis at home. And the weightless quilts in every shade. I've been wearing the delicate lacquer jhumkas (in every color)  forever too.

Sometimes, even I feel that I've had too many "torans" and puppets around the house.

So this time I tried to be rational and took two whole days to spend all my money buying the same stuff.





I visited the ATM only because an unplanned trip to Delhi came up and there was some stuff which you just can't buy from anywhere else.




I stopped because there was no more time.

But I did pick up these as I had paid the airline for my baggage and could not let that go waste.



That's just sensible shopping isn't it?

Someone please agree with me!

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! That is just sensible shopping :) I love to go crazy too - but these days I am always running short of baggage so have to leave so much back in India when we come back :(

    I love your shopping - so many interesting things in such vibrant colours!! I miss India sooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... tell me abt it .. I consider it very very sensible .. I did shop in Singapore only to fill up the newly purchased luggage piece completely :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smitha:I had two extra bags-the simple cloth ones which can be packed inside the other luggage. And I gave away lots of woolens which the kids had to the maid at mom's house-they don't need it here and they would outgrow them by next winters.

    The "muddhaas" were wrapped carefully by the shopkeeper in a giant plastic sheet.

    Ramit: Thanks so much for the support!

    Swaram: Wow-more logic to shop! Will try using it next time :)

    ReplyDelete