Thursday, January 2, 2020

Old dreams, new promises


I don’t commit to targets without disclaimers,
I don’t like missing them.
I don’t like finalizing plans, numbers, dates
It seems like I will jinx them.
I never make resolutions;
I have a feeling I will break them, 
and I don’t want to face that.
I like writing for the sake of writing,
But feel awkward about sharing
 because I feel it’s not good enough
And so I have spent years making plans, 
but not committing
Writing, but not enough,
And I am still not sure if I will be able to break the habits of a lifetime.
I am scared.
It’s partly the new year hope and cheer,
Partly the satisfaction of being able to manage time and post every day;
And partly the realization that one more year is gone, and we never know how much time we have,
…. that makes me resolve (or shall I just say try) to keep up the challenge, for one month more,
To write and dream and share...


This time the attempt is to have more fun,
not to stress so much 
manage time better,
do speed writing, micro-blogging-whatever it takes to write more regularly, and hopefully write better,

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck, and fun. While there are 100 other things with deadlines, may be we can excuse ourselves a little bit here? Our space, nice people around and well, not that anything else matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and wishing you the same-hope we can bite what we chewed off!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I can so relate to all that you've said..and that is why I had never committed to a NaBloPOMo earlier...
    Way to go Hypermom.. hope you are able to get through this in style! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! After reading some of your posts, I have a feeling we are all in similar time tussles.

      Delete