Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose: the legends that live on

His leadership and his contribution to the nation doesn't need any introduction.

His words and deeds have inspired generations.

He has also been the one of the most elusive and fascination of the Freedom fighters-with his multiple facets-as a leader of the congress and then the INA, aligning with global powers to fight against the British and his mysterious disappearance. 

I always found the sheer audacity of it the most enthralling part of Netaji's story.

I guess so do thousands of others, such as the small town of Bihar (now Jharkhand) which called itself Gomoh because Netaji had gone 'gum' -lost from here, at least from all known records of his whereabouts.


There is another town called 'Bhaga' in the same district, which claims that is where Netaji ran away from.

I wish we could say we found him in Milan.

Comments

  1. I wish we had found him too. My childhood hero, along with Bhagat Singh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me too, and I guess for millions others. Jai Hind!

      Delete

Post a Comment