Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Losing another friend

Am I of that age or is this a phase?
People are leaving faster than ever before.
My community lost a precious soul today.
She went much before her time. But then who knows what’s the right time.
She did her best while she lived. She was the local contact who collected everything-discarded clothes, toys, books, furniture and made sure it reached a person who needed it. Anyone with surplus to discard contacted her. Anyone in need, reached out to her.
She touched the lives of so many of children of our complex with her music. She lightened up all of us with her smile and know she too is just a memory.
Cherishing this opportunity to have known you my friend,

Echoing these beautiful words by for you by Mary Elizabeth Frye,
Just felt like posting them here, to read again and to share, the soft comfort of her words,
to know that you are know a part of eternity.

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there. I did not die.


2 comments:

  1. That's so difficult. :( We end up wondering why. :( Hope God gives her family and you all strength to get through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was such a sweet person, it is sad to know we'll not see her ever again, these are the time we turn to prayers.

      Delete