Monday, January 20, 2020

For I have lived today

Mad poetry alert!
Continuing on my morbid train of thought, my friend and I were having a 
late-night talk after a death in the family.

Our rituals are so brutal
Burning the body is so final,
And then even the ashes are scattered away;
Letting nothing remain on the way.
Except few memories of the closest in line,
And they too fade away with time,

So one day, there will be nothing left of me,
Nothing to hear, nothing to see;
Nothing to say, that I existed;
Please bury me, I requested.
On a lonely place somewhere,
To tell the world that I am there,

But that wouldn’t be you,
She looked askew.
After all we do, all our gains;
It’s just a body that remains
If they don’t burn it, it’ll just decay.
And no, there is no other way,
To make the world remember,
I too seen a summer and a december,

That I too had laughed and lived,
Loved with all my heart and grieved,
Had seen dreams and some crashes
That I was more than that heap of ashes,
But then, so many have lived and gone,
Leaving nothing but memories,
We too will pass on,
Leaving nothing, but our stories.

We are blessed to have this day,
All we can do, is live for today.

2 comments: