Friday, January 17, 2020

Getting off the treadmill


I am sleepy. I am tired. I don’t think I can write today.

I realized that I had been saying the same words to myself as I log in late at night to somehow complete that day’s post before the clock strikes 12.

I realized that once I start writing I often go beyond my self-imposed minimum word requirement.

So maybe one part of the daily challenge is figuring out what to write about.

My world has become very small now (not in kms though). Office-Traffic-Home. I haven’t had a real long conversation with someone outside the family for weeks. I haven’t done anything new. I haven’t travelled or even read something interesting.

I don’t have the time.

And this is where the impact shows.

To write, I either need to dwell upon the future which holds more doubts hope at the moment or sift through memories.

Wouldn’t it be more sensible to make a blog calendar-plan in advance what to write about, so that I waste less time and write more useful stuff.

a)    When would I make the list?
b)    Wouldn’t that become like another assignment then?

One of the points of this exercise was to rediscover the joy of writing for the sake of writing. Just letting the words flow and watch them form a post by themselves. To do something effortless for a change and just enjoying that process instead of stressing over-what is the purpose/is it good enough/how can I make it better?

I have got so programmed to do things more efficiently, to keep increasing the settings on the treadmill, that sometimes it takes so much effort to do a thing effortlessly-just do it for fun, or maybe just do it.

Stop checking the treadmill numbers. Get off it completely. And walk barefoot.



No comments:

Post a Comment