Continuing the Star Wars


Mr. Murphy continued his war.
I wrote a post and realized I could not connect to the internet. Not even to the mobile hotspot. The Windows Troubleshooter told me that the network adapter is experiencing hardware issues. And like all talking machines, it refused to answer my “Why on earth? It was all fine when I logged out last evening? How can you do this? What do I do now…” I guess AI still has some way to go...

I tried switching off and on the laptop-the only thing I know about troubleshooting a device. Then I dug out a ten-year-old network cable and started posting. Thank God for some good old things!

I guess it will back to pen and paper if the universe continues its conspiracy. I may not get to post in time-or maybe I’ll take a picture of my notebook and upload. Thank God for some smart new hacks!

So now that I have won a few battles with time and technology, if not the war, here is what I realized. Sometimes it is more fun when the going gets tough. Battles lead to victories and winning these small ones and getting back to what matters most gives a different level of satisfaction and confidence.
Dare I start with some bigger battles ahead?

Make something of the book-bank idea? Find time to talk to people, go out and see what others are doing? Or would that be taking on too much in the months I have to complete dead boring assignments for my masters and a project on fire at office.

Should I stick to the smaller, achievable targets or risk it all for something that may not even be viable?

(The photo is from my daughter's pinup board-I guess I have my answer)


Comments

  1. Go for the big ones! Good luck with everything. :)
    There's magic indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah I am trying to go for the big ones, even though for most times it is like taking one step forward and three backwards. Need the magic to hold on to.

      Delete

Post a Comment