Week 27

I didn't write the weekly update on the weekend as I was coping with physical and mental exhaustion. Stress playing havoc with my cycles or perhaps it was the other way round.


I had to speak to a doctor.

Do you have extreme mood swings, get irritated over small things? The doctor asked.


Was she mad?

I have been cooking 3 meals a day for 4 people, every day, for the last 6 months. That with an ever increasing workload at office, blurring office and home timings, no cook, no househelp and then there are grumbles about food!

Irritated?


Maybe it was diplomacy or just empathy. She didn't probe any more about my moods.


I checked with the family too.

Irritation? Did they too think I was heading towards early menopause?


A long silence and meaningful looks later, the younger one cleared her throat. Not at all, Mom. You were always like this.


Nothing to do with the lockdown!


Comments