Sunday, August 2, 2020

The Old Normal

When it will be the old-normal again?

But what really was that?

A world where I was free to meet and hug my friends,

But how often did I do that?

A world I could go wherever I wanted to.

Just when was the last time I did that?

A time I wasn’t so scared of loved ones falling sick or dying.

But wasn’t that always a possibility?

Oh yes, I had a house-help and a cook.

That definitely feels like a necessity.

But, is that really what I am worried about?

I have learnt to cope, so not really.

It’s just the fear that’s new,

And all I need to stop being so scared of it all,

To keep the faith and believe,

This too shall pass,

And the new will become the old again,

As it always has.

 

 Image by Alex Strachan from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment