Thursday, December 5, 2019

Blogging in the now

Doesn't anyone read blogs anymore?

I don't. Or do so very rarely. Mostly those are occasions when I would have logged on to post something and manage to sneak in a few minutes to check on what others have written. Or I find a link in the few minutes I am on Twitter or Facebook and click on it.

Have I become busier than when I was bringing up two school going kids? 

I used to still find the time to pick up a book or switch on the personal laptop. Then the smartphone happened. In a few months (was it weeks), it changed my habits, my hobbies, my personality.


It did the same to my friends and my uncles, aunts, children and readers. We read what is ready available, which doesn't run into more than three lines, which doesn't take more than a few minutes.

So now I attempt to write, on a phone that completes and corrects my words for me. Soon it will start writing for me and posting in minutes. That has already happened to the readers- there are way too many machines commenting on my posts than people. Might as well get one to write for me; while I use the time to check some pics on insta. 

2 comments:

  1. I am making an effort to write, as well as read other blogs. Wonder how much I will sustain, but hope to do so. :) Machines are already replacing personal connections way too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Now I need to find a way to read all other blogs I used to follow-or others, if there are people still writing them. But I am still glad to be writing.

      Delete