Thursday, December 12, 2019

...because I have promises to keep


I didn’t snooze the alarm today. I started driving full eight minutes ahead of yesterday’s start time. See this is what measuring and optimizing can do. Today, I will check off at least one more task than yesterday, and sleep for 15 mins more.

I got stuck behind a water tanker in a narrow lane.
Maybe I should have snoozed the alarm.

No! I don’t give up so easily. I have managed to post for 11 days straight. I am changing as a person. Let me start (restart for the 105th time) the weight-loss project too.

I managed to reach office at the target time.

My laptop went into an update mode even before starting. I decided to go up to the gym before the deluge pours out of the mailbox and submerges me.

I do know where the gym is; I just had to ask someone how to operate the door. And then I saw the 'pros' discussing the right way to swing the weights and do squats, and wanted to disappear. I stayed on, asked someone where the weighing machine was, and figured out on my own how that worked. Isn’t that a beginning? Anyway, I wasn’t dressed for a workout. Didn’t have shoes, or a towel or a change of clothing, so I couldn’t do anything much today.

At least I had measured my weight and knew the target one. The new, changed me will get there one day, soon.

The workday was extra-long today because of an extended workshop. That meant I had to drive back through peak traffic. And there was a call I had to log in for after reaching home. There; Mr. Murphy had done his usual thing with my beautifully laid plans.

I have to go through the same madness tomorrow again. That’s just a few hours away. Couldn’t I miss just one post and make up for it tomorrow, or over the weekend?

I am tired, hungry, sleepy. I haven’t had a decent conversation with my daughter all day. I need to call my parents too. I don’t know what it is that is still making me write. Maybe because I know how bad I’d feel to give up after sticking through for nearly half the month. Or maybe it’s for the sense of satisfaction I feel after knowing that yes, I managed to uphold the promise one more day.


(Will get to the weight loss and the book writing one too-one day-soon-hopefully)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You are going strong. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Yay!' or ' Phew!' I don't know what would be the more appropriate reaction :)

      Delete