Just a few words..


Why have I stopped writing?
'No Time to write' is obviously is the first excuse. But then like the school kid having to think beyond 'viral fever', I had to think of a new excuse when the same friends kept asking again. 

A writer’s block? Well that was a new one for me and it became the new favorite. It also sounded kind of "cool" to flinch one of the kids' terms.

And just like it happens in the good old fairy tales, it became true.

I got so used to not writing that I didn’t miss it any more.

Because I had nothing to write, and so many of other things to do, I stopped logging in. Then I didn’t get updates from other blogs too. More time on my hand. Took up knitting. Atleast that doesn’t upset people like words do.

Packed away writing like a piece of nostalgia that doesn’t belong to the present anymore. And just like nostalgic memories, the longing to write and share didn’t go away. It keeps popping up, just like now.

Has the block worn away a bit? Will it go away faster if I promise not to fib again? Any tested remedies?

Or do I just "un-cross" my fingers and dare to log-in..

Comments

  1. Can I say that I feel just like this.. Just don't feel like writing.

    Do uncross and and log in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh! Same thing happened with me too! And that is the reason I am doing a NaBloPoMo yet again ;) Y dnt u do that too? Wil give me some nice company :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay though... enjoy this "block" till it lasts :) then come back with a bang :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smitha-I can understand the feeling so well. And when I stopped logging in there were so many other things to do, that I stopped missing it.

    Swaram-I soooooo.. admire you for your persistence, your ideas to keep going, and yours posts are so interesting, we can't make out if you ever have a 'block'

    Sakhi-Thank you. I've been doing just that. The 'enjoying' part I mean. I just love it each time you come back with a story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment